Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Outside Reading Q2 Book

-"Making the Corps" by Thomas E. Ricks
-Copyright 2007
-Nonfiction
-323 pages
-Evidence: this book is an appropriate book for a sophomore due to the topic of military service and the plot of boot camp and training. It rakes a mature teen to understand this type of book and I believe I chose a challenging book.
-Explanation: I chose this book because I love the military. It has always been something I've been fascinated with and something that I want to pursue. This book really interests me because it tells a story of one platoon's struggle to join the ranks of the Marines. Each soldier will have their own struggles and the author clearly shows how hard and brutal, yet satisfying making the corps can be.

1 comment:

Mr. Hatten said...

Tom,
This book sounds fine. Have fun reading it.